Posted by Admin on January, 10, 2020
Quartz stones are the minerals composed of oxygen and silicon atoms and are the second most abundant mineral on the earth's crust just after feldspar. There are many varieties of natural quartz stones found on the earth. Several varieties of these stones are precious gemstones and are commonly used in making jewelry and hardstone carvings. These stones are found in a number of colors such as white, blue, red, green, yellow, purple, etc. Pure quartz stone (rock crystal) which is a colorless stone is also found with pure quartz suppliers in India. Various impurities in the quartz are responsible for the wide range of colors. The main crystalline quartz varieties available with quartz suppliers, especially used as gemstones are mentioned below:-
• Amethyst: - This quartz stone is the purple variety. It is the most popular and valuable gemstone ranges from light to dark purple.
• Smoky Quartz: - It is the brown smoky variety of quartz and ranges in color from light brown to black.
• Citrine: - This quartz is the yellow, orange or reddish-brown variety. Usually, it is colored by heat treatment of smoky quartz or Amethyst.
• Rose Quartz: - It is the rosy variety of quartz and its color is softly ranging from very light pink to medium pink in intensity. It is a hazy or milky variety of quartz and may lack good transparency.
• Rock Crystal: - It is usually a transparent and colorless variety of quartz which is free from impurities.
• Milky Quartz: - It is the translucent and white variety of quartz. It is very common in nature but is not used as a gemstone.
• Rutilated Quartz: - It is a colorless stone with golden yellow rutile inclusions as hair-like growths within the stone.
• Ametrine: - This gemstone is the color-zoned combination of brownish-yellow Citrine and purple Amethyst.
• Prasiolite (Green Quartz): - It is usually described as a light green gemstone colored by heat treatment of certain types of Amethyst.
• Blue Quartz: - It is very uncommon in nature and is hardly used as a gemstone. Most Blue quartz stones are clear rock crystals irradiated with gold to form a deep sky blue color. Blue quartz may also refer to a dull grayish-blue stone in massive form with crocidolite inclusions.
• Tourmalinated Quartz: - It is the colorless gemstone with Tourmaline inclusions as thin long black crystals.
• Cat’s Eye Quartz: - It is the gemstone with dense and tiny Rutile inclusions which cause a cat’s eye effect. It is generally translucent and grayish in color.
Different Uses Of Quartz:-
• Quartz stones are used as gemstones which are typically very affordable. These stones are cut into various gemstone cuts and cabochons in order to use them in all types of jewelry. Stones that are of a lower quality are often tumbled for use in necklaces, bracelets, and costume jewelry.
• Pure quartz (Rock Crystal) is not often cut into gemstones. But some very large spheres and sculptures are carved from it. Sometimes small crystals of pure quartz are worn as pendants.
• Due to the ability to amplify, focus, store and transform energy, clear quartz is used in microphones, ultrasound devices, watches, radio transmitters and receivers, memory chips in computers and other electronic circuitry.
• Clear quartz is the most versatile and multidimensional stone used for healing, meditation, expansion of consciousness, attracting love or prosperity, communication with guides, past-life recall, etc.
• Clear quartz is the perfect base material for templates, staffs, wands, etc., and clear crystal spheres have long been used for crystal gazing.
To get quartz stones of the finest quality, you need to look out for a reliable natural quartz exporter in the market. These stones are usually certified and have gone through a stringent quality check process in order to deliver a defect-free range to the buyers. Furthermore, these stones are made available at a very budget-friendly cost.
This entry was posted on January, 10, 2020 at 11 : 22 am and is filed under minerals and metals. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.
Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.